You're at the site for the Washington D.C. area Perl Mongers. We get together and talk about perl, teach one another new tricks of the trade and advocate the language wherever possible. Forays into other open-source software & hardware have been known to happen. Have ideas for the web site? Feel free to create a wiki page for your content. :)
Our meetings go down on the first Tuesday of every month at the offices of Liquidity Services Inc in downtown Washington, DC (20th and L Streets NW). Check the Meeting Logistics page for directions and a map. When meetings don't happen on the first Tuesday of the month, we are first notified on the mailing list, and then this site is updated.
Our next meeting is Tuesday July 2nd, 2013. Meet at 7:30pm!
Join our DC Perl Mongers Meetup Group, subscribe to the Calendar, and join our mailing list (see bottom of page)!
Also, we have a podcast, which when possible, has slides of recent presentations. The podcasts are available at http://zak.freeshell.org/dcpm/, and is available on iTunes. Here is a link to our podcasting guidelines, which is our recommended procedure for recording. The source code for the software is available at Github.com.
All meetings are devoted to group discussion and helping each other. But it is nice to have a formal presentation or specific topic as well. Here is the queue of speakers who have proposed topics to be discussed at upcoming meetings.
- 2013-05: Contributing to the CPAN
- 2013-06: TBD
- 2013-07: RESTful APIs in Perl with Clustericious
- 2013-08: TBD
- 2013-09: TBD
- 2013-10: TBD
- 2013-11: TBD
- 2013-12: TBD
- Padre as a Perl IDE
- Vim as a Perl IDE
- Misc. questions about perl & related technologies.
- Perl Testing Tutorial
- Developing Perl RESTful API
If you have an idea for a topic or would like to make a presentation, please send a note to the mailing list, or bring it up at a meeting... or edit this page and add it to the list!
See the Meeting Notes, for links and details.
- 2013-04: Web User Identity Course in 1.5 hours
- 2013-03 - Intro to Genetic Algorithms
- 2013-02 - Web scraping, SEO. Method::Signatures, Perly::Tidy::Sweetened, Web::Scraper, FFI::Raw
- 2013-01 - Misc. Topics
- 2012-12 - "a triptych in fragments of modern perl, no. 3" - Philip Hood - notes
- 2012-11 - "a triptych in fragments of modern perl, no. 2" - Philip Hood - notes
- 2012-10 - "a triptych in fragments of modern perl, no. 1" - Philip Hood - notes
- 2012-09 - Introduction to Github and a touch of git - awwaiid
- 2012-08 - Tour of Podcasting Software from Zak Zebrowski
- 2012-07 - Update on web-based card game ; Basic Moose Hands-On ; YAPC-NA Review & videos
- 2012-06 - Tweakers Anonymous - genehack (practice talk for YAPC::NA)
- 2012-05 - Introduction to Data::Manager - genehack
- 2012-04 - Podcasting Status & Logging with Log::Any
- 2012-03 - How to publish a perl module to cpan & sounds with perl.
- 2012-02 - A Case Study in Web Scraping: From Web Forum to Email Gateway - awwaiid
- 2012-01 - DC-Balt Perl Workshop, Latest Posts/Links, Exceptions
- 2011-12 - Podcasting, Advent calendars
- 2011-11 - Plack::Middleware, podcasting status
- 2011-10 - preview of Pittsburgh Perl Workshop talks, podcasting status
- 2011-09 - Ajax, podcasting defaults.
- 2011-08 - Devel::Peak, websockets & mojolicious, podcasting, searching, wiki spam etc.
- 2011-07 - Parallel::Iterator, and YAPC-NA highlights
- 2011-05 - PDL -- Mike
- 2011-03 - (social) Dinner with brian d foy
To subscribe, send an email to email@example.com with "subscribe dc" in the body of the message (no subject necessary). You may then send mail to the list by addressing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe, send an email to email@example.com with "unsubscribe dc" in the body of the message (no subject necessary).
The mailing list only accepts posts from subscribers. If you wish to post but are not willing to subscribe (for instance if you wish to post a job opening, etc.) you should forward your message to one of the contacts listed below and they will post it to the list if appropriate. Also, check out http://jobs.perl.org for jobs posting.
The list is not archived, so we try to update the wiki with the important bits.
- IRC - join us on #dc.pm on irc.perl.org!
- Philip Hood - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nat Eiseman - email@example.com
- Kevin McGrail - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brock Wilcox - email@example.com
- John SJ Anderson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chas. Owens - email@example.com
- Jerry W. - JerryWOne@gmail.com (don't know much Perl, but been going regularly since 2002)
- Zak Zebrowski zak.zebrowskI@gmail.com
- Panix for hosting the dc.pm mailing list.
- You, for supporting Perl and other open source software.
- Liquidity Services for hosting the meetings
- Brock for hosting the website.
- The use of the camel image in association with the Perl language is a trademark of O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. Used with permission.
- Everyone for showing up to meetings and talking about Perl on the list...